CITIZEN Group Environmental Initiatives
In April 2013, we revised the CITIZEN Group Environmental Policy and established the CITIZEN Group Medium-Term Environmental Plan 2018 based on this policy. Our purpose was to promote environmental action from a global perspective and further strengthen Group environmental management.
To reinforce environmental governance and conduct environmental activities in a more efficient and effective manner, in October 2014 we transitioned to consolidated Group certification under ISO 14001, thereby putting in place a single system for the entire Group. With this new Group environmental management system, the Group is joining its forces to “Environmentally friendly approach to improving brand value,” “help to prevent global warming and achieve a recycling-oriented society,” and “respond to global environmental laws and regulations.” We have expanded our initiatives to overseas group companies since 2016.
CITIZEN Group Environmental Policy
Based on its corporate philosophy of "contributing to and being loved by citizens," the Citizen Group will contribute to a sustainable civil society where people can live rich in spirit and with peace of mind, by carrying out business activities, while keeping the global environment and people all over the world strongly in mind.
2.Environmental action guidelines
- We will endeavor to preserve the global environment by reducing adverse environmental impact throughout the life cycle of our products and services and by promoting "environmentally friendly manufacturing" through the development and provision of environmentally friendly products.
- We will comply with laws, ordinances, regulations, agreements and other requirements regarding the environment.
- We will endeavor to mitigate and adapt to climate changes by promoting greenhouse gas reduction and energy saving in our business activities.
- We will endeavor to use resources sustainably by saving resources, reducing waste, conserving water resources, and taking other appropriate actions.
- We will endeavor to prevent pollution by strengthening the management of chemical substances contained in products or handled at business sites.
- We will strengthen harmony with local communities by deepening communication with them through such initiatives as participation in environmental conservation activities and in biodiversity and ecosystem protection activities in local communities.
- We will strengthen the environmental awareness of our employees through education and awareness building activities concerning the environment. We will also actively disclose information on environmental initiatives to fulfill our accountability to the community.
The Citizen Group will establish environmental targets in accordance with this Environmental Policy and work with suppliers, buyers, and other business partners to implement, evaluate, and continuously improve those targets. This Environmental Policy will be made publicly available and communicated to all employees and people working together.
Promotion of Environmental Management
Citizen Electronics and its affiliates have put into place an environmental management promotion system to promote the implementation of comprehensive and practical initiatives to protect the environment.
Environmental Management Promotion System
Details of ISO14001 certifications acquired (August 1, 2008)
Environmental Management System
|CITIZEN ELECTRONICS CO.,LTD. (Headquarters)||ISO14001:2015||BVC||1999/12/25|
|CITIZEN ELECTRONICS FUNEHIKI CO.,LTD.||ISO14001:2015||BVC||2003/05/19|
|CITIZEN ELECTRONICS TIMEL CO.,LTD.||ISO14001:2015||BVC||2008/04/18|
|JIANGXING ELECTRONICS LTD. (China)||ISO14001:2015||BSI||2009/08/10|
Concern for the Environment at All Stages of the Product Life Cycle
Protecting the environment and preventing pollution are top priorities at all stages of the product life cycle, including design, development, raw procurement, production, and shipping.
Information on Green Procurement
Citizen Electronics has recognized that the environmental protection issue is one of the most important agendas shared by the entire human race and as a result we promote 'Environment-Friendly Activities' and 'Supply of Environment-Friendly Products' when we conduct our corporate activities. In manufacturing environment-friendly products, the importance of upstream management in controlling environment-affecting substances (hazardous chemical substances) increases and we need to strengthen further green procurement.
We sincerely appreciate your continued understanding of both the main purpose and contents of Citizen Electronics Green Procurement and look forward to your further cooperation.
"Green Procurement Standard" revised in revised in August 9, 2019
- Green Procurement Standard,
- Appendix I Banned substances
Environmental Survey Forms
- Non-Use of environment-affecting
substances to be controlled Certificate,
Explanation for entry to be submitted to Citizen Electronics Co., LTD.
- ChemSHERPA CI/AI Ver. 1
Environmental Management Activity Survey Form
As required, the Purchasing Division will send the forms separately.
Other individual substance survey forms
As required, the forms will be sent separately.