The Citizen Group Code of Conduct (hereinafter “the Code of Conduct”) sets forth the fundamental principle on how we should act date to date as a member of the Citizen Group. The Code of Conduct sets the standard of actions and decisions for achieving the corporate philosophy of the Citizen Group. By embodying the corporate philosophy, the Citizen Group achieves growth while contributing to the development of a sustainable society, aspiring to become a business enterprise that is “loved by citizens, working for citizens.”
Citizen Group Code of Conduct
- Act responsibly towards society and strive to raise the corporate value of the CITIZEN Group.
- Create and promote products and services that demonstrate our commitment to safety, quality, and the environment.
- Engage in business practices that are fair, transparent, open to competition, and responsible.
- Respect human rights and diversity, and provide a safe and pleasant working environment.
- Recognize the importance of environmental conservation, and take voluntary and proactive measures.
- Manage and protect company assets in an appropriate manner.
- Abstain from actions that would harm the company’s long-lasting values.
- Strive to contribute to regional communities in which we operate.
Citizen Group Quality Assurance Code of Conduct
- Citizen Group management develops internal systems with the understanding that it is their own role to carry out this Code of Conduct.
- Continuously work toward the maintenance and improvement of effective quality assurance systems at all stages supporting the manufacturing process.
- Define the authority and allocation of duties of each department and thoroughly ensure that an independent and impartial department engages in quality assurance activities.
- Promote information exchange internally and across the Group, with customers and business partners (suppliers and other business partners including contractors and distributors), to stay up-to-date on information about legal and regulatory changes related to manufacturing quality.
- Clearly identify and comply with laws and regulations, as well as agreements related to product quality.
- Sincerely listen to the market and customers’ opinions of our products, and build systems to detect, respond to, and prevent recurrence of product quality issues.
CSR Promotion System
The Citizen Group's CSR activities are promoted by the "CSR Committee" under the ultimate authority of the president of Citizen Holdings, after the Citizen group moved to a pure holding company system. As a department devoted exclusively to CSR under the direct control of the president, the CSR Department functions as secretariat of the CSR Committee. We have also established the "Citizen Group CSR Promotion Committee" consisting of chief personnel in charge of CSR selected from each company as a cross-functional of the group. In addition, each group company has established a CSR committee and promoted CSR activities, respectively. There are also various special committees to promote cooperation among group companies with regard to various issues on specialized areas.
CSR Promotion Framework
Citizen Electronics CSR Promotion Framework
Compliance / Risk Management System
As a priority of its CSR activities, the Group advances compliance-related risk management. Through educational training, vigorous teamwork, positive corporate culture, and sensitivity on compliance are cultivated, and we promote lively debate and free discussion regardless of job classification. A "videotape on CSR and Compliance" is shown in training for new employees and new managers. In addition, we continue to promote and raise consciousness of compliance through various measures such as: introducing general cases of compliance in a house journal, raising caution about cases of compliance occurred in other companies on the internal website, conducting a questionnaire on CSR to employees at the end of each year and posting the result.
The Citizen Group has established an internal reporting system to forestall the eventualities of violations of compliance. The " Compliance Hotline Regulations " specify that whistleblowers' privacy be fully protected and that such employees not be treated unfairly. The rules also require fair and equitable investigations, opportunities for persons reported to refute the claims and reporting of the results of investigations back to the whistleblowers. In order to familiarize employees with the hotline, notes on reporting and contact information are provided on the internal website.
Provision of Truly Useful Products
With the basic concept of "smaller, thinner, and higher performance," Citizen Electronics always promotes development of products by utilizing advanced technology. Targeting creation of a low-carbon society, LEDs, which have low power consumption, long life span, and no hazardous substances such as mercury, are effective for environmental protection measures such as reduction of CO2 emissions and waste. Citizen Electronics' products are successfully used in various fields including lightbulbs, stadium lighting, information equipment such as smartphones or wearable devices, and automotive devices.
The Citizen Group endeavors to improve business value and contribute to society through sustained corporate activities in harmony with the local community and the global environment. In order to pursue such a corporate objective continually, the Group recognizes that management transparency and monitoring function in its multifaceted management are important and works to enhance corporate governance.